6.05.2006

Stay Cool

Full training weekend in the books. Including... a run!

I rode 26+ miles with Party Pat on Saturday. It was a great morning for a ride. The wind gods were smiling and gave us a nice easy push on the return trip down Parmer. Makes for a nice 28mph cruise. It felt great to be out on the bike in the early morning again.

Sunday morning I woke up early and headed down to Barton Springs for a wetsuit swim. Not too many folks out at 6:30 AM on a Sunday. I felt like I had the whole town to myself. After about 6 laps or so I stopped for 10 minutes and watched the sun come up over the city. Beautiful. I finished off another 2 laps and headed to the car to don the running shoes.

I decided to start off slow with about 10-15 minutes of walking. If I had any pain I was going to scrap the run and just enjoy the nice morning stroll and company of Austin's fittest. At ten minutes I could no longer hold my shoes back. Beep, I started the HRM and took off east bound toward the bridge. I ran past the Stevie Ray statue and crossed over the river on the (Lamar?) bridge. I turned east and ran up to the Congress bridge, crossed back over the river and turned west back to the car. All in all I clocked about 30 minutes ~ 3.1 miles.

Good run.

I met up with T and M for some breakfast tacos at Rudy's afterward then headed home for a nap. Ahhh. My back feels great. I have some soreness but no pain.

Taper is now in full swing for BSLT - 19 full days left. I guess I really started tapering last month but whatever. Nothing heavy this week. I have one big workout this weekend. I plan to execute the race nutrition plan and cover about 45 miles or so in about 4 hours. Should be a good test.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

It's as if your back tested you and you passed the test! How amazing that you appear to be coming out on the "other side." Let's hope the taper goes just as well. Enjoy it!

6/06/2006 05:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home