5.31.2006

In Therapy

...Physical Therapy that is.

I had my first PT session this afternoon. She poked, prodded and popped my back. At one point she wrapped me up and twisted me until my back made the most amazing sound I have ever heard. Ahhhhh. I left with a handful of exercises and some confidence that I'll be ready for BSLT.

The coolest thing (besides the most amazing back-pop ever) was the fact that my therapist, Ariel, competed in the CapTexTri this past weekend.

I have appointments pretty much every week until BSLT.

After PT, I headed over to LTF and put in 3500M in the pool. Very nice. I took a page from Steven's blog and swam 300 warm up, 6 x 500 steady with 15 seconds rest; 200 cool down. Great workout. I was beat afterward - a really good sign.

Ariel said I should wait until this weekend to start up running again. So, I'll be religous with my exercises in the meantime and start running on Saturday morning. Hopefully on Sunday I'll get in 3000M - 4000M at Barton Springs (wetsuit swim!) and a short run on the trails afterward.

I suppose I'll take my (pregnant) official sponsor out for taco's afterward. ;-)

WooT!

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home