5.31.2006

As Promised...

Let's start with the fun stuff... CapTexTri!

I didn't get to compete in the race this past weekend. My sports doc said I'd be in for a rough time trying to recover in time for BSLT if I reinjured my back. BSLT is the "A" race this year so it made the decision easy. I also found somebody wanting to buy an unused registration, so I ended up getting away without loosing any dough. My official sponsor was pleased with that!

We met up at the race expo to square everything away. It also gave me an excuse to peruse the race expo. I also mad a quick stop at the ATC expo. Very cool.

I got up early on Sunday and made it downtown in time to see the second wave start. I stood on the bridge and watched as the swimmers made there way up town lake, under the bridge and back to the swim exit. It was very cool.

After about 20 minutes of watching the swim I made my way back up to first streetjust in time to catch a glimpse of Desiree Ficker. She blew by me doing about 30mph on her bike. Unbelievable. I never saw her again. Turns out she went on to win!

I crossed first street and walked back up to Congress. There were very few bikes on the course, so I decide to walk all the way to the Capital building to take some pictures. About half way up Congress I saw Andrea Fisher walking with her bike. She was talking to a race volunteer and had a big smile on her face. We exchanged smiles and I heard here say "It's OK, I was having a great time." Classy. I wanted to stop her and talk for a while but she looked like she was trying to make her way back to the transition area. As I kept walking north toward the capital, I was suddenly overcome with the presence Andrea had. She is pretty tall and VERY muscular. She has a $1M smile. Even though she was out of the race she was smiling. I was really impressed.

Check out the the pics here (Yes, Carrie, use 'em!):

Next year I. WILL. DO. THIS. RACE!

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home