5.11.2006

Stupid Body

I have the will to do every single workout and more. How come my body won't keep up?

So, I have this silly shoulder thing which turned into a silly shoulder/back thing. It's one of those nagging, slight twinge everytime you walk kind of things. Just enough to really mess with my mood around 5 PM everyday. Actually, its more than just my back it's, well, actually my back and my butt. Can you strain your glute? It feels like a strained muscle that runs down my back over my butt and into the top of my right leg. I feel tired after just standing for 10-15 minutes. (Darn Starbucks line!)

I finally had enough and left out for a 2 hour brick last night about 7 PM. I thought: "I'll just run it out." The brick was fantastic thanks to a light cool front and a clear sky. I took it easy and turned in 17 miles on the bike and 7 miles of running. A good nights' work.

My back was a little sore afterward, so I got out the cold pack and iced it for a couple of hours. Woke up this morning ready to turn out 3500M in the pool and my back felt like crap. Crap! Swim cancelled.

OK. So, enough. I'm going to shut it all down and heal up these nagging injuries before they turn into season long problems. Hopefully all will be well for my long ride / run brick scheduled for Saturday morning. Hopefully. I need to complete this session.

I need help from you Tri gods out there. Any good stretches or thoughts on how to deal with a strained muscle in your back/butt? Ice or Heat? Any magical potions that will get me back in my running shoes / on the bike / in the pool faster?

===

Just wanted to give a shout out to my official sponsor M. She's one beautiful lady and the greatest wife. She's been really supportive lately with my heavy training schedule and whining about my strained muscles. Also, she and I will be giving a short press conference (read: blog post) on Friday afternoon to announce something special. Stay tuned.

===

In other news, the house hunt has begun. M and I have been scouting out several neighborhood on the north side of Austin as potential places to move. We've just about outgrown our house. Let's face it we have too much crap and not enough house. We have some planning to do in the short term, but my guess is that we'll be in full house hunting mode in the next few weeks. More to come.

So, there's the update. Hasta.

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

For glute stretches, I usually do the ankle over the other knee kind of thing and either learn forward if you're sitting, or pulling back on your knee/crossed leg if you're lying on your back. Hard to describe but hopefully that makes sense? :)

5/11/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about the "something special". Very great news! Congratulations to you and M...

5/12/2006 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home