4.26.2006

Outsiiiidddeee

My son's favorite word : Outside. He will stand at the back door with his hand on the door knob and repeat that word over and over until someone takes him outside. "Outsiiidddeee, Outsiiidddeee" It's kind of cute really. Every once in a while he'll realize he has someone's attention and he'll throw in a "Please?" -- or "Peaze?" -- complete with the pseudo-sign language he's picked up. That's really cute. He's an outdoor kid, which makes me pretty happy. He seems to be much more interested in exploring the backyard right now that anything else.

It occurred to me tonight on my ride (18 miles) that, through triathlon, I've become quite an outdoor person. I would much rather run outside in the rain or cold than on a treadmill -- ride at dusk on the darkened neighborhood streets than on the trainer. I've even began plotting ways to get back outside to swim my laps in the afternoons. During the day I find myself peeking out the windows at work. I can see the wonderful "sprummer" (spring-summer) weather. Occasionally, I'll catch a glimpse of a midday cyclist or runner and say "How lucky are they?"

Sometimes everyone kinda wishes they were "Outsiiidddeee".

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

...During the day I find myself peeking out the windows at work. I can see the wonderful "sprummer" (spring-summer) weather. Occasionally, I'll catch a glimpse of a midday cyclist or runner and say "How lucky are they?"


I do this all the time!!!

4/27/2006 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh. I never used to hate winter until I became that outdoor sort of creature from all this triathlon stuff. Now, it drives me absolutely insane not being able to enjoy the great outdoors for most of the year. :(

4/27/2006 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home