4.05.2006

Rebuild, Repair, Remember?

This week has been a bit of rebuild for me. The stress from last week (both work and training related) has taken its' toll. I think it has a lot to do with the poor eating over the weekend but I can tell I've lost a step or two. Yesterday was pretty rough. I decided to cut back on the volume this week to taper for the race. I was pretty winded after just 2100M in the pool and only 30 minutes of running.

This must be fixed by Sunday! I did a little research and it sounds like this fatigue is related to depleted glycogen stores and dehydration. Both fixable. I guess jelly beans aren't a good recovery food. So, last night we had a nice whole wheat pasta supper. Very nice. I feel much better this morning. I'm going to keep on the good eating this week and the light workouts.

I'm ready for the race.

I've already started obsessing over race day details. I had forgotten how much planning it takes to do race day right. I'm sure some folks can just roll out of bed grab their bike and show up. I'm not one of those people. Looks like I'm going to do a little shopping at ATC during packet pick up. I need a new singlet, some bike chain cleaner, goggles, and a few other little things. Did I ever tell you I have the greatest sponsor?? Thanks, M! I also need to check my seat. It felt a little loose after my ride on Sunday.

That reminds me. I found a "new" site the other morning while I was trolling the net for tri-stuff. Turns out ATC has a "not-so-secret" website with lots of great stuff : http://www.atcunderground.com. Check it out.

I received an e-mail from the race director for the Cactus Challenge earlier this week. They want us to rack our bikes on Saturday afternoon. Outside, Overnight!! Oh man. This is going to take a leap of faith. I posted on the BT Boards and everyone seemed fine with it. So, I guess we'll see.

Party Pat is still planning to race this weekend. Even with a 2 week old baby! That dude is made of steel. I think were going to go pick up packets and drop off bikes, etc. this weekend. Very cool.

So. I have a 1h:15m ride this afternoon and another swim/run day tomorrow. Then, I shut down for a couple days to completely recharge. Can you feel the race day energy building?

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

I can definitely feel it...good luck this weekend. You are going to do great!

(did you get your trainer yet?)

4/05/2006 07:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home