4.03.2006

Heavy Lifting

Lots to catch up on - let's get started

Training Recap

Oh my gosh. Fri/Sat/Sun was crazy. Here's the breakdown:

Fri - Brick Day : 45m Bike / 30m Run
Sat - 2h 30m Bike
Sun - Tri Day : 49m Swim / 45m Bike / 30m Run

I did a really horrible job in fueling my body for this kind of load and ended up pretty tired and sore by last night. Lesson Learned. I'm going to take an unplanned rest day today to recover and get things back on track. Race day in T-7 days.

Sunday was a really fun day. First off, let me say how much I L-O-V-E Daylight Saving Time. My clock just works better an hour ahead. Sunday - I popped out of bed ready to roll. I packed up the fam and brought them along to Zilker Park while I swam in Barton Springs Pool -- in the new wetsuit. What a great time! I can't believe I've lived in Austin for 7 years and never taken a dip in Barton Springs Pool. I'm thinking that I may need to make that workout at least a monthly thing. It was great to swim in the open water and practice sighting on more thean the end of a lane. After the swim we headed back home and I finished out the bike and run. It got up to about 90* during the run. Whew! We spent the rest of the day hanging out. Sunday = Funday!

I also broke down and ordered a trainer this weekend. I decided to order the Minoura 500D. (Thanks for the help Flatman!) Ageebike.com had a great deal. In about a week I'll have no more excuses for missing a bike workout.

Also this weekend, I found out Nytro had decided on my stolen borrowed team name I dropped in her comments a few weeks back. "Hoof Hearted". I wish I could be there to hear that team name announced as they cross the finish line. Classic.

My first race of the season is this coming Sunday - the Cactus Challenge. I'm really pumped. Everything kicks off in the Thursday/Friday timeframe with packet pickup. Then, bike drop off on Saturday and the race on Sunday. Can't Wait. Taper starts today.

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Woohoo...6 days until the race!!! Good luck.

Hope the trainer works our for you... :)

4/03/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

It sounds like our paths may have crossed this weekend! Best of luck at the race!!!

4/03/2006 08:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home