3.27.2006

Weekend Recap

We came. We saw. We biked.

36 beautiful miles through Bastrop State Park and on to Smithville, TX on Saturday. It was hilly and sunny and downright beautiful. I went with D-man and a bunch of his buddies from work - my first ride with this group. It was a blast. Here is a rough map of the route we took. And, no, we didn't see Sandra in Smithville. Darn. This was a great ride for me. The front half had some really challenging hills. I did pretty well, but I need to get on the hills a little more to work on climbing. The second half was fairly flat. I spent about 45 minutes cruising at 24 mph. This was a great workout.

I had my last recovery week run yesterday - 6 miles on Brushy Creek. The legs were dead.

This week should be interesting. I start into the "Oly to HIM Bridge" section of my training schedule. On the docket : 4 runs ranging from 0:30 - 1:15, 3 swims ranging from 0:50 - 1:05, and 4 rides ranging from 0:45 - 1:15. I should top 10 hours of training this week!

The biking hours are starting to become an issue. There just isn't enough daylight to get in safe rides during the week. The dilemma: spend $150 on night riding gear or $150 on a trainer. I'm leaning toward the trainer. Anybody wanna offer up any guidance on a good trainer?

Also this week: my mom and grandmother are visiting! It will be great for them to see little T. He is just about over his battle with the bug he had last week. Whew. Sick kiddos are no fun.

And Finally... Congrats to Party Pat and J! They welcomed their daughter into the world yesterday afternoon. Mom and kiddo are doing great. Can't wait to meet the new baby!

Happy Monday to everyone.

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

I am one of the guys who will tell you not to spend two or three hundred dollars on a fance fluid trainer. I have used a Minoura Mag trainer for a couple of years now and it works great. If you are interested, I'll look around for some good deals....

3/27/2006 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Bastrop to Buesher State Parks is one of my favorite rides! Congrats--what a challenge in the wind!

3/27/2006 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home