3.20.2006

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was huge. It was the peak of my latest training cycle.

Thursday (3/16) - Brick : 8mi Bike; 5.25mi Run
Friday (3/17) - Personal St. Paddy's Day Tri : 4000M Swim; 23.50mi Bike; 3.4mi Run
Saturday (3/18) - R&R
Sunday (3/19) - Brick : 22mi Bike; 4.4mi Run

You're probably wondering if it gets any better. Oh Yes. Stay tuned. This week is a recovery week, then I get to work up to another level again. HIM bound!!!

M, T, Raider and I all went on a quick road trip to San Antonio on Saturday after the Personal Tri to see the in-laws. Pretty quick little trip but it was really fun. Roberto got a great video of T trying out Amers new car. Should be a post of it coming soon. Thanks for everything guys - we had a great time.

I spent the last few nights working on my bike. The little tire incident ended up requiring a trip to the LBS for a couple new tubes. I got to tinkering last night and ended up needing to replace the front tire too - the darn stem on the front tire went bad while I was working on the back tire. Tonight I gave the 'ol girl a bath and lubed the chain. I love getting geeked about my bike.

Today sitting in my cube, I noticed that I hadn't quite gotten all the grease off my hands from the night before. It looked so cool. Just picture it : A few grey streaks of grease across my knuckles, my wrists showing that great "glove tan" from my ride a few weekends back, my forearms peeling from the sunburn. I looked like a weekend warrior today - back from the front line to my 6x8 container to wait for my next release.

God I love this.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the St. Paddy's Day personal triathlon!!

3/21/2006 06:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home