3.10.2006

Training Update

This has been a great week of training. I finished up my short workouts with a blazing fast (for me anyway) tempo run last night -- 8:40/Mi pace. This morning I started the long workouts with a long swim. I had 4000M on the schedule but had to quit after 3500 - nausea?! I'm thinking it was a little bit of dehydration, no food, and about 100 flip turns. Either way it was a good swim.

I started a little side project here on the blog earlier this week. I haven't published any of the template updates or posts yet. My plan is to start laying out all the stuff I've learned about triathlon in my first year. After talking with a few folks who are exactly where I was a year ago, I realized how much I've learned - there's been a lot of ground covered in more ways than one.

I picked a handful of topics and I think I'll start building pages on each topic and expanding as I come to new things. It should be interesting.

This weekend should be fun. Lots of stuff planned. Tomorrow - Long Run; Sunday - Long Bike. More on that later.

A cycling question for all those enlightened ones out there in blogland -- How do you figure a % grade of a hill. For example, the BSLT course has several 8%+ hills. I want to make sure I'm training on some hills that match. Thoughts? Thanks!

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home