2.28.2006

Phase II

Isn't starting something new just great? Is there any greater feeling than your first run in a new pair of shoes or that first ride on a new bike? There's a wave of possibility and vision that washes over me each time I start something new. Luckily, I'm surrounded by lots of"new-ness" energy these days.

My buddy D-man just got a new road bike. We headed out on Sunday morning for his first ride. My first ride in my new shoes and aero's. It was great. I had forgotten how nice it is to train with a real human being. Don't get me wrong - I love those podcasts, but I'm faced with 2 problems - 1) One sided conversations 2) Fits of laughter in the middle of the street that make me look like the weird guy you always see downtown. I experienced my first "clip-in fall" during the ride. I suppose I should will wear it like a badge of honor. No damage - other than the strange looks I received from passing cars. Oh well. Got that one out of the way quick, didn't I?

I started Phase II of my training plan on Sunday. It works out great because it is such a change from Phase I. It's going to take some time to get use to the new schedule and the new muscle aches. But, it's all good. I've already put down 50 miles on the bike, 1700M in the pool, a core session and a weight session -- and it's only Tuesday. I can already tell Phase II is going to be good for me.

Has everyone checked on Flatman's new gear?? Pretty sweet stuff.

My sis-in-law just got a new car. No, a new BMW. M tells me there was quite a drama surrounding this purchase. Isn't there always a drama surrounding a car purchase? Very cool Amers - post some pics on your blog so we can all bask in the glow.

My friend Tracy is moving to a new place and a new living situation. I can tell from her posts that she is really excited. I'm excited for her! Sounds like she is having the time of her life.

So what gives? Why all the new-ness right now? Maybe it's the pending change in seasons. Spring Fever is already catching. I can see the beautiful sun and fun over the top of my cube wall, across the hallway, over the other cube wall, and through the window. We just moved into our new TBPC standardized 6x8 cells cubes this week. It is sinful to tease me with such beautiful weather. All I can think about is how great a 25x6 bike/run brick would feel in the middle of the day. *Sigh*

So what's new with you?

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

I hear ya! Big changes coming down for me too...will post about it later today.

I left early yesterday to go to the doctor and it was PERFECT outside. I almost just went home and hopped on the bike. It was just that nice. 70 and sunny baby! It's going to be 88 here today!

3/01/2006 06:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home