2.15.2006

Midweek Musings

Just wanted to give a shout out to Flatman and Chris. Thanks for trying to solve the mystery of my bike gear. As of right now, I still haven't been able to find out the official name of the hook-thingy. I'm now convinced this equipment is some sort of "govenor" Specialized put on the bike to keep me below supersonic speeds. Well, Specialized, I've got your number now and I'm removing your little speed govenor. And, the people in my neighborhood are just going to have to deal with the sonic booms I create as I race through the neighborhood.

Wait, I think that may have sounded bad... sonic booms created by my speedy...oh geez, whatever.

I ran across something that I just have to share with fellow Office Space movie lovers. Some guy here in Austin actually went around and visited all the locations in the city where the movie was shot. It's a pretty cool post complete with maps, pictures, and quotes. So, show us your "oh" face and check it out.

I have my last workout of the week tonight. Hope I can contain myself for 3 days without a workout. The afternoon sun has been staying out longer, so I'm attempting to get a 1-hour ride finished before dark. Everybody keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully, I won't get mowed down by some road-raged driver on my way. Everybody tends to be pretty cranky after spending an hour commuting to the burbs.

The Half Marathon is Sunday. Yippee! Those of you who have seen the weekend weather forecast for the central United States already know... for those who haven't... Possible freezing rain forecasted for part of the weekend. Last I looked, it went something like this:

Thurs. 84/51
Fri. 48/47 - !!!
Sat. 61/39
Sun. 61/46 - Race Day

So, we'll see what the day brings. Cloudy and mid-50's might be perfect running weather. I'm planning to head down to the race expo on Saturday morning for packet pick up. The expo is almost across the street from ATC - so maybe I'll have to make a quick stop.

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Have fun on your ride tonight! I hope your bike doesn't fall apart since you are taking on the secret part that holds it all together!!!

2/15/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

If that speed governor thing works let me know. I'll start unscrewing random parts off my bike to get more speed! :)

2/15/2006 04:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home