2.14.2006

Damn Cookies & Tri-Questions

I love cookies. Not as much as M - but almost. I've been eating them like a crazed meth addict all week. Even my 1.5 year-old son is starting to look at me like: "Slow down old man - and for God sakes wipe your mouth!". I'm about 90% over the bug from last week. I think I may have fed it to death. So, needless to say my nutrition has been all over the place. Cravings, salt, sweets, alcohol. Ug.

I cut short the workouts I had planned on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I ran for about an hour (15 minutes short of the planned workout). The wind was so bad. My HR shot up into the 150s about 30 seconds into the run and never looked back. I decided to shut things down a little early and walk the "Soul Stealer" hill at the end of my route.

On Sunday, I planned to do a long ride. First, however, I had to fix a flatted back tire. Oh Fun. I always look like I just spent 39 hours in a running engine after changing a tire. How the heck can I get that dirty in 10 minutes?! I digress. I found the hole in the tune and the little bugger still in my tire. Fixed it, pumped it, rode it. Good to go. I noticed my chain was way dirty, so I cleaned it while I was in "fix-it" mode too.

100_2750Question (prepare for special bike lingo): I found a little hook-thingy right next to the front chain ring while fixing my tire. It was rubbing a little on the small chain ring so I loosened it with a screw driver and turned it out of the way. I haven't been able to figure out what exactly it is - even after several google searches. (hook-thingy included) Anybody know what this thing is? Should I put it back in place?

I cleaned up, changed and hit the road. With a full tire and clean chain the bike rode like a dream. It was still pretty windy so I cut it short by about an hour. It was a great workout biking into a 20mph head wind.

This AM I got up around 4 and headed to the club. I churned out 1500M in the pool and just under 6 miles on the treadmill. This was the best session I've had in a long while. I felt like a million bucks on my way to work.

Question: This is the second pool session I've had trouble with cramping. Not my arms, back or stomach -- my foot. The arch of my right foot to be specific. In the pool?!? What the heck is going on here? Anybody have any thoughts??

I'm planning one more workout this week - a bike ride, tomorrow. Then, I'm shutting everything down and focusing on rest until the Half Marathon on Sunday. I'm super pumped.

See ya out there...

4 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Post a pic of the hooky-thingy...I can't figure out what you are talking about.

2/14/2006 07:43:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What Flatman said. I think if you post a picture of it, someone will be able to figure it out.

As for your cramping foot, maybe drinking some water before hand? I know some folks that get cramps in the pool when they're dehydrated? Just a thought.

2/14/2006 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger TTUTri said...

OK - I updated the post with a pic. Keep in mind 1) this is a very bad pic - but will have to do for now 2) the hook was turned in toward the chain ring.

Thanks for checking it out!

2/14/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger :) said...

Do you have a computer with cadence? Could it be a sensor?

2/15/2006 05:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home