2.08.2006

233 days

Here's an important topic as we all head into triathlon racing season & the olympics.

Um. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I swam a strong 2000 in the pool this afternoon. I decided to give myself a little reminder of what is waiting for me in June : A 2000 meter swim. I broke it up into 250 / 1500 / 250. Short drills for the last 2 months had made me a little soft. I was dragging a bit toward the end of the 1500 - but I did it.

Wil's post from this morning kept ringing in my head. I kept plugging along as steady as possible and managed to outlast 3 other swimmers. The first guy dove in and managed to whip by me at (what seemed like) twice my pace. He was only able to keep that up for about 150M at a time so I ended up flip turning past him every so often. After about 450M he left -- I kept going. The next guy only swam about 200M total but his wild splashing gave me a good open water feel for a short time. He kept waiting for me at the wall then pushing off at the same time as I would flip turn. What's up with that? The last guy jumped in with about 500M left in my long set. I don't even remember seeing him leave. He couldn't have been in the pool more than 5 minutes. Whatever.

This was a good swim and a great reminder. I suppose I'll start rotating at least one long set into my swims each week from here on out.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Ugh. I hate it when someone pushes off the wall fresh at the same time that I hit the wall when I flip turn. Then they try to race you down when they're fresh and you're in the middle of a set or something. It's so very annoying!

2/10/2006 08:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home