1.27.2006

Friday Jumble


OK - My post on Tuesday couldn't have been more correct. At least in my little world.

  1. Everyone is losing steam and patience at work. Even the people who do nothing all the time have resorted to a slug level far beyond anything I could have imagined. M seemed tired out this week too - she's normally a well of energy.
  2. T turned up sick yesterday - fever. This required us to make another deposit into the college fund of our favorite doctor. M is hanging with him at home today. I kept him last night and seemed fine. Can a 15 month old fake sickness to get out of school?

In other news - today is a rest day. Ahhhhhh! I actually got to "sleep in" a little this morning. How relaxing. Although, I can already feel the energy building. I'll be hard pressed to rest tonight. Tomorrow I'm probably going to head to the club early and get in at least an hour on the spin bike - thunderstorms are forecasted all day. Ug. Sunday I'm planning a long run. Next week is recovery week. Woo Hoo!

Of course, next week is also party week. Woo Hoo, again!

I finally decided on part of my new bike gear. On Wednesday, I ordered some new pedals. I decided on the Look P-396 pedals. Everyone seemed to be in agreement that the wider pedals are best for (relatively) new cyclists. Performance Bike had a great sale, so I jumped on it. I guess that means I need to work on getting some shoes. Maybe I'll make a Saturday afternoon trip down to Austin Tri-Cyclist this weekend. I'm still shopping for clip on aero's and a wetsuit in addition to the shoes. Perhaps I could bribe my sponsor with a little Chuy's. Hmm?

The half marathon is right around the corner -- 2/19/06. This weekend is my last really long run before the big event. I'm planning to take about two weeks to taper and get the legs back to 95% beforehand. I'll probably focus a lot on shorter more intense runs starting on 2/6. I'm kind of ready to switch out of run focused training and get back to balanced diet of swim/bike/run miles. I can already tell I have some real work to do on the bike. I'm ready.

And finally... One of the podcasts I listened to this week talked about The Triathlete's Training Bible. I think it was Brett over at Zentri. I looked this book over early last season before I really had any understanding of triathlon. I didn't end up getting it because, frankly, it was a bit scary. I think I need to pick this up and read it. I noticed that Amazon has a deal for both the TTB and Training Plans for Multisport Athletes for only $27 and change. Sounds like a good deal.

Ok - have a great one everybody.

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Nice choice on the pedals...I think I am getting some Look Keo's for my birthday in March and am really excited...

My Time pedals are getting a little worn out and they don't match my new bike! 8)

1/27/2006 07:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget you have a birthday coming up? Maybe the book and some cash could be a part of the gifts.

1/27/2006 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home