1.20.2006

Swim like a dolphin

I swam 3300M this morning. My longest swim ever - Ever! It felt awesome - I could barely walk or lift my arms afterward! Now I'm sitting at the LTF cafe enjoying some coffee and an egg sandwich - the spoils of a great workout!

The only bad part of the morning is a giant TV screen with Katie Couric staring at me - *shiver*. That lady is scary. She has quite obviously spent a great deal of her $9M salary on some fresh plastic for her face. *Shiver*.

Yesterday I split a 1h:20m run into a 30m morning run and a 50m evening run. Yipes - I was completely wasted after run #2. I came in cooled down, drank a bunch of water, and passed out around 8:30PM.

I'm continuing to track my calorie intake. It's pretty interesting. Turns out I'm eating between 1600 and 2600 calories a day and expending about 2900 - 4300 calories per day. Also, I'm getting about 50-75% of my calories from carbs!? I have no idea what that means. I've lost about 3.5lbs in 2 weeks. I'll probably keep going with the tracking for another 2 weeks or so to get some good data to work from.

So far I've learned some cool stuff : Given my extremely busy workdays, most of my nutrition comes from packets - packets of oatmeal, granola bars in packets, Clif Bars in packets, Snickers Marathon Bars in packets, and water in a... bottle. I probably would do much better to try to get more fresh food and less pre-packaged stuff, eh? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

And Finally...

Still no word on the fate of the CapTexTri on Memorial Day. At least nothing on their website - everything still shows the schedule from last year. I found another Oly length race on April 9th - Austin's Cactus Challenge. This one encourages the use of wetsuits. I'm thinking that it would be a great building exercise going into BSLT. Hmmm.

Have a great Friday - See ya out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home