1.18.2006

Unannounced and Unplanned

Ok you know how I love to plan. I'm also easily annoyed by lack of it.

I arrived at the club late this morning. Darn. I forgot to set an alarm for 4:00AM today. I had planned to do 30m of spinning on the spin bike and 40 minutes of swimming. I walked in and found 2 signs. The first one read something like:


The pool will be closed from 10PM on 1/17 to 6 AM on 1/18. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Arg. Well, it was 5:30. So, I should be right on schedule to finish up the bike work and then get into the water shortly after 6AM. A great bike workout today. I'm glad I started doing the short bike workouts on the spin bikes at the club. Maybe I'll sit in on a spinning class next week.

6AM rolls around. I decide to check the pool before getting changed. There were at least 2 people per lane and several waiting. Looks like all the early risers had to push back pool time on top off the late risers. Great. Ug. I decided to cut my losses, get to work early and stop in after work to get the swim in. Only, that is where the other sign comes in:
The men's locker room will be closed beginning at 12:00PM on 1/18 and reopening at 6AM on 1/21.

1/21?!?! What the heck are we supposed to do? Hose off around back? Geez. I stopped at the desk on the way out to complain find out more information. Turns out the showers are the only part of the locker room that will be closed. Guys will have to use the "Family" locker room showers for a couple of days. OK. Well, I guess I can live with that.

Anyway - the plan is only partially shot. I think I can adjust and still make the goals for the week. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home