1.09.2006

Grinding away

Back to the grind tonight. I just got back from my "short" run this week - it came in a little under 7.25 miles. (Go me!) We had a light cool front moving in just as I left that made for some interesting wind conditions. All in all not a bad time. The new running shoes worked out great!!

The bike gear quest continues. I checked in with all my trusted sources and read just about every review posted on the web. Here's the result : I'm going with a wide pedal - probably something like a Look or Specialized brand. Shoes are still up in the air. Everyone says if you can get carbon soles for a "decent" price - go for it. Now I just gotta shake loose the funds, then - more shopping.

Did anyone see the article in Runner's World magazine this month on ab/core exercises? It's a pretty good article with some different exercises than I've seen before. Not sure if the exercises are "running" focused or are good for folks focused on triathlon too. Working my core is my least favorite activity. I'll try the new exercises in the name of a little variety.

In totally unrelated news, the in-laws get back tonight from a "working" week in Hawaii. For working, they sure did get some nice pictures! They stayed in Kona - or close to Kona - or on Kona. Whatever, it looks beautiful. I'm sure they could feel the energy left by all the IM triathletes.

Well, back to the grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home