1.05.2006

Present, Past & Future Training and other stuff

Present:
I just finished a really strong run through the 'hood. Wow - I always forget how much my body needs a good recovery week. Just cutting back the volume for a couple of days lets me catch up and get rested. I honestly felt like I had to hold myself back tonight.

Past:
The run on Tuesday felt really terrific too. I haven't yet started my core exercises. Shame on me! Soon. Very Soon. M and I talked and decided to nix the masters swim class. It was just to darned expensive with all the bike gear I need to get over the next couple of months.

Future:
I'm planning to swim in the morning (followed by a nice breakfast and some blog reading at the LTF cafe). Then, a bike / run brick on Saturday morning. Next week everything ramps back up. I'm really looking forward to it. This weekend I'm hoping to head to Runtex to trade a duplicate Christmas gift toward some new running shoes or some other running treasure. I'm also hoping to stop in at Bicycle Sport Shop to see about some pedals and shoes. Lots of sales going on right now so I better snap it up while I can.

Other stuff:
I've been taking the MP3 player along with me lately. It seems that everyone is posting their "theme" songs (Kahuna, Wil). Great music! Kahuna has chosen Eminem. This song is pretty deep, but it really gets things in perspective. I can't place the Moby song from Wil's website, although I have heard it before. Maybe... the closing credits to the Bourne Identity? I, on the other hand, have no theme song. I have turned to some good hard metal to keep me motivated. Can anyone top AC/DC for workout music?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home