1.05.2006

Good Morning National Champs

I hope the whole country stayed up for that amazing game last night! What an amazing football game it was! I think everyone had a small fear in the back of their minds that this would be a first quarter blowout (on either side) and we'd be forced to sit through 3 quarters of boring 2nd and 3rd team plays before the crystal football was handed out.

This was most certainly not the case. Congrats to the University of Texas Longohorns on the win over USC last night. This game was historic. Vince Young was amazing. The Longhorns are National Champions!

Austin was alive and buzzing (quite literally in some cases thanks to plenty of beer) all night. I went to bed around 12:30 AM and could still hear sounds of fireworks in the 'hood. The news stations reported that the "Drag" was one big party until the wee hours of the morning.

I was greeted by an amazing burnt orange sunrise on my way to work today. I guess even the man upstairs approves. As I turned off 183 on to Burnet road and south into downtown, I could see the UT tower still brightly lit. It's almost like some kind of curse was lifted last night. You can feel it in the air. At the stoplights, I could see bleary-eyed commuters - all with wide smiles on their faces. I stopped in at Starbucks for a quick cup of coffee, because caffine is the ONLY way I'm going to be worth anything before 11 AM today. The place was packed with early risers. Even more than normal. The normally quiet atmosphere was a bit louder - fans out early to share in the excitement. Along the wall, a row of people reading the morning papers were already deep into the back sections disecting the game stats. The headlines from the raised papers looked like a makeshift victory wall "Forever Young", "InVinceable", "ConVinced", "Texas-Size Title", "Perfect Finish", etc.

Austin is happy today.

Congrats Longhorns. You did it! Thanks for a great game, season, and title.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

A curse indeed! Good Lord, it's been 36 years, man!

What a game. V. Young is amazing.

HOOK 'EM!

1/05/2006 06:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home