1.02.2006

Party Time - Excellent

Yesterday we had an awesome block party to ring in the new year. Party Pat and Jen hosted the big event. All the folks from our street with little ones turned out and it turned into quite a carnival. T had a ball playing with all the kids and chasing the dog. A great time was had by all.

I managed to get a 90-minute ride in early yesterday. I had planned to make up my short swim too - but LTF was closed when arrived. Arg- I got my tired butt up at 4:45 and they're closed. Sheesh. The ride was pretty nice. The weather is terrific for mid-March. I couldn't ask for - wait, it's January!! Shouldn't I be shoveling sidewalks and scraping my windshield?? Anyway - it is great training weather.

This morning started a nice recovery week. Whew! I completed a short swim and a short bike. I know, I know - two rides in two days!! I love holidays - working out when the sun is up gives me so much more energy.

Right now I'm watching the Red Raiders play in the Cotton Bowl. It's been pretty fun to watch so far - even though they're loosing. There are 4 bowl games on right now. Football on just about every channel.

I hope everyone is off to a great new year so far. I'll leave you with my favorite quote from bowl game watching today:

Setup : (Both Texas Tech and Alabama are wearing red uniforms)
M : "'They' really need to coordinate the uniforms better, you can't tell which team is doing what?!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY- what I meant was they should coordinate the colors of the teams so not all the fans are dressed in the same color, sheesh! haha!
-M

1/02/2006 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home