12.28.2005

Fat Cow

Whew! I cannot believe vacation is over. Tomorrow I head back to work. Well, OK, a half day of work but it's still work. I'm guessing I should be able to knock out a day-and-a-half work week and head into a three day weekend without problems. I'm way behind the power curve on training this week. Arg!!

Physically this week has been absolute hell. I opened the door for illness and fatigue with an insanely long brick on Friday. I had no idea I had that distance in me! Then, I began consuming mass quantities of food and sugary desserts (not to mention alcohol). Beginning Sunday afternoon I started a low grade headache, the chills, achey muscles and a scratchy throat. Could be Cedar allergies - it is that time of year - but I think bad nutrition is the primary factor. Sleep has been an absolute joke. This is also a contributing factor.

I did a run on Monday that I practically had to beat myself to complete. I hate that. Running has been such fun for me lately, I'd hate to fall back into the dirges I used to complete.

This week I'll focus on getting good foods in me and try to salvage the training plan as much as possible. Next week is a recovery week. I'll use the shortened workouts to recover physically and put me on track for a good solid training month in January to get me ready for the Half Marathon on 2/19. Also this week, I have to register for BSLT 70.3.

Bottom line - I really upset the whole world this week. I have to grab the wheel with both hands and get things back on track.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Hey, it's called the holidays. We all do it. Hang in there.
Robert

12/29/2005 07:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home