12.17.2005

Breakthrough Workout

Ok this is hot off the press but, I have to get it down while the endorphin rush is still on.

The second 5K in the December 5K series was this morning. I ran like a crazy antelope to a new peronal best -- 23:50. I laid down the fastest mile split I have ever seen on a watch : 7:36!! Well, a watch on my wrist anyway. This was such a great way to start the day.

Today was also my long run day on the new training plan. I had about 57 more minutes to lay down, which I did after we got home. And, it resulted in my longest 1 day total mileage - just under 9 miles. The Half Marathon is now within reach.

Whew! It's been a busy day. Special shout out to Brett on the nice self-supported Ironman finish! Thanks for the inspiration - and the recent podcasts. They got me through the second run today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Jeff, you are an awesome individual. To see how far you have come in just a few months gives me inspiration. Keep up the good work and keep us all inspired to do our best.

Robert

12/17/2005 06:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home