12.13.2005

I need new arms

I swam 2000M in the pool this afternoon. I guess I would consider this a "long" swim workout - although I tried to keep the intensity pretty even. I started off with 250 warm up, nothing special here. I followed up with 1500M : 500 on 2:15; 400 on 2:10; 300 on 2:05; 200 on 2:00; 100 on 1:55. I took a 1 minute breather between each set. Finally, I did 250M cool down. My form was so bad by this point I half expected someone to jump in and save me. My arms felt about 20 pounds heavier than when I started. Although, I haven't done a swim workout that long in -- eek! -- 2 months!

It's kind of interesting to watch some of the other folks do swim workouts. I had three other swimmers come and go during my workout. I began to wonder if I was taking too long or if everyone else just does much shorter swim workouts. Hmmm? I have so much to learn about swimming. I should probably think about joining a masters class for a short while to get a new perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home