12.20.2005

Rollin'

100_2243
I had another strong run tonight - just over 5.7 miles. It's hard to believe how far I've come in the past couple of months with my running. It makes me happy to see some good results after working hard.

Tonight I ditched the MP3 player and opted for a good 'ol FM radio. I tuned in the all-Christmas music station and cruised the 'hood checking out the lights. It really got me in a good mood. Work has been really riding me this week. It was a nice escape.

OK - I have to get serious about my Christmas shopping tomorrow. I still have a handful of gifts to pick up and I really need to get it done. We are slowly getting a pile under the tree. Christmas is sneaking up on all of us this year! My vacation starts on Thursday. I'm hoping to get in along brick workout on Friday morning at first light : 1 hour Bike followed by 90 minute run. I'm so psyched. The weather here is crazy - I think the high on Friday is 72*. No snow shoveling for us - I might as well take advantage of amazing weather to get in some good training.

The holiday festivities kick off on Thursday evening with some family time. This year we are thinking of going out to look at lights in some of the local neighborhoods - which probably means driving. Although, I hope it means walking! We'll go to the children's Christmas Mass on the 24th. Afterward, we'll head home to get T ready for bed - then M and I will have tamales for dinner - a tradition we started several years back. Christmas morning we'll be up early to see what Santa brought. Nana, Poppi and Amers will be here later in the morning to celebrate. We'll have a big lunch later in the day. Grandma and Grandpa fly in from CO later in the evening. They'll be here for a week.

I'm getting really excited to get everything going. A couple more days of work to knock out first. Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home