12.24.2005

Seasons' Greetings!



Well, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. You know what that means, a jolly visitor will soom be here. I just finished assembling the assemblage for the festivities tomorrow morning.

Today was, well, wild. I got up early and headed out for a long brick. 17.7mi bike + 9.15mi run = 26.85 mi. Whew! It took a little over 2.5 hours. It felt great to be out in the beautiful weather. Although, it felt a bit more like spring than winter. I managed to run sub 10 minute miles again. The HR training is really paying off.

Afterward, I had to head out to pick up some clothes to wear to mass. Being the bright guy I am, I managed to drop off every piece of nice clothing I own at the dry cleaners on Friday morning. Then, I completely forgot to pick it up before they closed for 3 days. Ug. It all worked out - I needed some new clothes. I've lost close to 50 pounds now. Even my underwear is baggy. OK, TMI, sorry.

We decided to go to the 4 PM "Children's Mass" at church today. I've never seen so many people at the church. We opted for the cry room. T is in the process of cutting molars. So, needless to say, he's not exactly quiet. This was a mistake. Imagine being trapped inside a glass box with 25 strangers and 15 crying kids. No, we didn't spontaneously break out singing Silent Night.

T was starving by the time mass ended. We rushed home to feed him and us. Just before bedtime, we had our traditional Christmas Eve ornament exchange. T had a great time playing with the ornaments. Then it was off to bed for T. Finally we started our chores. We'll have a houseful tomorrow so we rushed around to get everything set up. But, it's finally done. Special Thanks to TBS - they are playing A Christmas Story non-stop. It provided some great entertainment during the flurry of activities. Randy : "I can't put my arms down!" Mom : "Well, put your arms down at school." Randy : "Waaaa!"

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to catching up next week. Also next week: Lots of college football. Gotta love it. My parents will be here so we're planning to head out and do some exploring in town. Should be fun!

Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Was a great day. Enjoyed being with ya'll so much. Thanks for all the great gifts. T was so much fun. I know your mom and dad will have a ball with him next week.

Robert

12/25/2005 05:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home