1.12.2006

Good Morning

I slept like the dead last night. Holy smokes I was tired. I set up shop at Starbucks for a short while this morning to grab a quick cup of coffee and re-think the training plan for the next few weeks. Yesterday gave me a scare. I ran across an interesting looking article about targeted workouts. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet, but maybe I can refocus a bit. I think I'll continue running three times a week until Freescale, but I'm going to cut down the time on the "short" and "medium" runs just a bit.

There is such an interesting stream of people who come to Starbucks. The line for coffee currently looks something like this: ".Com throwback guy" - orders a machiatto something while talking on his cell phone loudly - you know the guy, two very attractive 20-something ladies - both appear to be searching for the meaning of life on their cell phone screens, an army officer in the "new" green fatigues (I presume he's from Camp Mabry), a college student who didn't have time to comb his hair, a 260lb mechanic with a braided ponytail, a school teacher (M is a teacher - I know the look), a hippie, one lady - post workout, another lady pre-workout, a nurse, a blind guy (the Texas school for the blind is across the street), and finally a clean-cut guy in a dark business suit with a phone thingy hanging off his ear - and a flame tattoo climbing up the back of his neck from beneath his collar. Geez, only in Austin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home