1.21.2006

Thoughts from a long run...

I ran 11 miles today. Wait- let me check that - yep 11.05 miles. (thanks Gmap) Holy Crap! I ran 11.05 miles today!! My new longest run ever. Whew. Next weekend I hit the 13 mile mark. Should be fun.

I branched out and ran a dream route I've been eyeing for months. Oh man - it was awesome.

I had just under 2 hours to think a lot of thoughts. Here's a synopsis...

The new Kahuna / Wil podcast is great. Very entertaining, informative, and interesting. I spent the first half of my run completely submersed in this podcast. Iron Wil has the greatest voice for this stuff.

The Kahuna brings some great energy to the show. If I remember correctly, the Kahuna's real job is a journalist. Man, I would love to be a journalist. Maybe I'll get a masters in journalism, break out of the project management world, and be a researcher / writer. I think I'd be most interested in writing for a magazine and/or a column. I wonder how to get started here?

Clif Shot Bloks continue to be a great resource. I used these again and felt strong the whole run long - and I didn't have to choke down any gel.

My right heel has started acting up. I'm hoping it isn't Plantar fasciitis. I've always had massage therapists tell me that I carry all my stress in my calves - a contributor to Plantar faciitis. Ug.

AC/DC continues to be the best workout music for me. I also added my university fight song to my MP3 player. (Well, not the version I linked to) Man, that music brings back so many great memories. I swear I get an adrenaline rush just hearing it.

Endurance Radio has had some great podcasts lately. I listened to 2 new ones during the run today. Interesting stuff

I need to get my bike pedals and shoes. The bike leg remains the most uncertain portion of BSLT. I can't wait to get the bike stuff back in gear. It'll probably rain tomorrow (our first rain in like a month), which will result in a cancelled long ride for the week.

I need to start the Core workouts. Like now! I am dreading starting this up again.

Ok - enough randowm thoughts. The run today was great. Really great.

See ya out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home