2.06.2006

Birthday Breakthrough

After weeks of quiet & controlled base training, it was time to turn things up a notch and see some results. Saturday morning was the last scheduled workout of my recovery week and a Bike/Run brick, my 30th birthday, and the day to see results. I started off shortly after 7 AM on a new bike route for 45 minutes. It was very cold out. In fact, I pulled a u-turn at the bottom of the driveway and headed back in to grab one more layer. Nice ride - nothing special. I have some work to do on the bike.

The run, however, was another story. I've spent a significant amount of time training in this area over the past few months. I've seen a lot of progress. Today I planned a Zone 3 run for 65 minutes. It was warmer by the time I started running and clear as a bell. By the end, I had finished 7.7 miles in 65 minutes for a 8m:36s/mi pace. Results.

The half marathon is just 2 weeks away. I'm feeling pretty confident.

Friday night the in-laws came in and we had a little birthday party. They came to keep T on Saturday while M and I headed off to Dallas to catch up with some friends. I am so blessed to have such a great family that provides me so much support. Among the many great gifts, I received a new Zen Nano, a Zoot Tri-bag, and some $$$ to go toward a wetsuit and cycling shoes.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to everyone!!

So, I turned 30 on Saturday. 3-0. Or as my loving friends put it... "Half way to sixty", "10 years to 40", and "Triple-X". It was a truly great birthday. M and my family really went above and beyond to make me feel special.

Thanks everybody! See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Happy Birthday...what wetsuits are you looking at???

2/06/2006 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home