2.23.2006

TGIF

I got to looking at my upcoming race schedule today (yay!). My next race and first triathlon of the season is probably going to be Austin's Cactus Challenge. This race will be my first Olympic and my first with a wetsuit. Both building blocks to BSLT. This race is exactly one week after the Capital 10,000, so I'll have to see if I'll spend the energy (and money) to run it - even though I hear it is one of the most fun events in Austin.

Still no word on my fixed Freescale time yet - arg. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. I'm really interested to see how my actual rank turns out.

I've been slacking pretty big this week in the training department. Although, I did have a nice swim this morning. It took me about 1200M to find my stroke after a 7 day layoff, but it was there. I turned out a moderate 2200M in the end and made it to work early enough to turn on the lights.

I was looking at my training plan this evening and realized I have some big time bike workouts coming. This prompted me to rename my bike again. That's a cool part of owning a bike. You get to name it over and over again. So, because of my upcoming training sessions - I figured I would have to develop a love affair with my bike. I decided it must be a woman's name. A name that inspires and stirs me deep within. Something... better than "Frank".

I decided on : Frank-chesca. I'll never give up the name M gave my bike - Frank. It was just too classic. So, until further notice. I have but one bike love - and her name is Frank-chesca.

And finally... Tomorrow night at this time I'm hoping to have some big news to post here. Stay tuned.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home