2.25.2006

Big News

Ok - OK! A day late and well, hopefully not a dollar short!

Friday was a big day for me. I made some significant purchases and changes to my tri-gear. Here we go...

SWIM:

I bought an Xterra Ventilator wetsuit. Yeah, it's last years model. Yeah, it's the first wetsuit I've owned. Yeah, it's the first wetsuit I've worn since open water SCUBA certification back in 1994. Yeah, I look bad-ass in it.


100_2794 100_2793

BIKE:

Lots of changes here. I decided on Jack & Adam's Bikes in Austin to get me squared away. They were ranked as the #1 Triathlon Shop in Texas. It shows. I had them set up my shoes, pedals, aerobars, and fit me all in one session. It took a little over 3 hours, 3 bike stems, and about 5 miles on the trainer - but, I left with an amazing aero bike fit and a new inspiration for triathlon. The whole experience was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend this place if you are ever in town. (BTW, they sponsor a couple of Tri's later in the season - I did the Jack's Generic last season and loved it - my first Triathlon.)

I picked up a pair of the Specialized Trivent Triathlon shoes before the fit session. Designed by 3-time World Champion Peter Reid - special sole design. They fit like a dream. For aerobars, I went with the Profile Design Aerolite model. They look great, and fit me well. And, Frank-chesca looks beautiful in them.

Before:
100_2786 100_2782

After:
100_2790 100_2788

RUN:

On a whim, I picked up a pair of Yankz! laces. I've heard a bunch about these and wanted to give 'em a try. Pretty cool little setup - although I wasn't too sure I would like it. I ran 6 miles in them today and couldn't tell a difference. Very cool.


100_2795


Race Schedule:

I signed up for my second triathlon for the season on Friday. Actually, it will take place before BSLT on April 9th. An olympic distance - the Austin Cactus Challenge. I've seen some mixed reviews of last years race - it is not USAT sanctioned. I picked this race specifically to school me in the ways of wetsuit transitions- which I'm planning on for BSLT. Also, Party Pat called me on Friday morning and will be doing the Sprint. We both did the Seaworld Splash last year, it'll be fun to head out to a race with him again. Can't wait.

Training Phase:

I've finished Phase I of my training plan. The Half Marathon is complete - triathlon training begins big time tomorrow morning with a 2h:35m ride. There will be lots of those this month. The love affair with Frank-chesca begins.

So, there you have it. Let the games begin.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Awesome new gear, bud! Congratulations on the purchases and the bike fit. It makes a world of difference!

2/27/2006 07:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home