3.03.2006

Half Ironman - Things to Learn

I'm starting to know what I don't know.

This is good - progress. People who don't know what they don't know fail. Sometimes they don't even know they fail.

Here is a list of things I don't know much about - things that I will learn before BSLT.
  1. Half-Ironman Nutrition. I've estimated using about 4000 calories during the Half Ironman - that sounds high doesn't it? How the heck am I supposed to fuel my body through that.
  2. Aero cycling - a totally new area for me. Heck, I'm relatively new to cycling in general. The bike fit session really brought into focus how much I need to learn about cycling.
  3. Proper weight training - The last thing I need is to hurt myself out there.

Here are the top three from my list - according to Neal Whitten that is all I should focus on for now.

If any of you tri-studs and tri-studettes out there have any thoughts, links, or general babble please comment or e-mail. I'd love to hear about it. I'll do my best to post everything I learn up here for future generations.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

You seriously need to spend LOTS of time in the aero bars. Either on the road or on the trainer, but you have got to train your back and re-train your crotch to handle this new position. It's almost like starting over...have fun!

3/03/2006 07:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home