3.03.2006

Training Update - Read: February- What the?!

OK. Damn it.

I've had a couple of posts cooking for a couple days - let loose the flood gates cause here they come...

February Training Recap

Two words: Holy Crap.

My overall volume for February was close to half of my January numbers. Crap. I've got a huge race coming at me like a fastball and I'm reducing my numbers?! On the upside, I was faster -on average - in every sport. Significantly faster.

Looking through my logs I see that missed almost an entire week to the Half-Mary taper and recovery. Also, February is a short month, which cost me a few more days. In other goals: 1) Finish a Half Marathon - Check. 2) Finish a Half Marathon in under 2 hours - Check 3) Drop my weight below 185 - Check 4) Complete Phase I of the training plan - Check; this turned out to be a decent month. I guess maybe it isn't ALL about mileage. Here's the breakdown:

Bike: 5h 41m 17s - 95.6 Mi
Run: 8h 31m 14s - 52.65 Mi
Swim: 3h 34m 09s - 11920.38 Yd

I completed a tempo run last night - the legs felt great. It is taking some serious adjustment in trying to get used to only two runs per week. I've had three-run training plans for a long time. But, it does feel good to push a little harder knowing I don't have to conserve as much for later in the week. Last night was great.

This morning I completed an epic swim - my long swim for the week. I haven't checked, but I think it might have been the longest swimming distance to date: 3700M. I felt strong the whole time considering the weights session this week and the new aero position on the bike. I was a little concerned that this much adjustment would leave my arms tired. Apparently not. The new nutrition strategies I picked up from the GYGO podcast and Tri-Daddy seems to really be helping recovery.

This weekend I'm heading out with a couple of buddies for a long ride - 40 miles. Should be fun. Then on Sunday, 8 - 10 miles of low intensity running. Can't wait.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home