3.07.2006

Tuesday Shoot Around

Hey folks - busy times at casa-de-TTUTri. Lots to fill you in on so I'm going to jump around - try to keep up...

Training

Holy smokes. The love affair with Frank-chesca is in full swing. Three days - Three rides - Sore Arse. I'm really settling in nice on the new bike equipment. My average speeds are already inching upward. The weather here is great - I mean really great for cycling.

I borrowed a jogger from Party Pat on Sunday and took T with me on the run portion of my brick workout. He had a ball and it was a lot of fun to spend time with him. The jogger messed with my form a bit and I ended up with sore ankles. Yipes.

I had a great swim workout tonight. Average 1:45/100M in the pool. Everything clicked and I just swam like crazy. It was a little weird to be smoking folks in lanes on the right and left all night long. The swim on Friday is going to be in the 4000M range. Look out.

Rest Day Tomorrow.

Passion

I got some mixed feedback on my Passion post a few days back. Just wanted to reassure everyone that I'm fine - really. I had an interesting conversation with a guy from work the day after I posted. It was strange - I barely know the guy, we grabbed lunch and got on the topic of triathlon. He knows nothing of the sport - what's new, right? - and thinks I fly to Hawaii to race a couple of times a year. *Sigh*. Whatever. Anyway, out of the blue he turns to me and says "It sure is great to see you have such passion for something." Not kidding - those were his exact words. So, maybe I learned something here.

Food

I've been eating like a fat whale. I just can't seem to fill up my stomach. Here's the rundown -- Friday - Lunch out; night - Chinese; late - snack :: Saturday - waffles; big dinner at D-man's place; Ice Cream :: Sunday - Chuy's; Ice Cream! :: Monday - More Ice Cream. Arg. I haven't really gained any weight - but I just can't get full! I gotta find something that stays with me longer. As I write this I'm watching Emeril cook pancakes - I'm actually considering making a late night breakfast snack. Ug.

The Ripple Effect

I wanted to give a shout out to my mom and M. Mom has been riding the lifecycle they bought for the house -- to the tune of about 20 - 30 miles a week. Way to go Mom! Keep it up!! M took the borrowed jogger out yesterday and turned in her first run workout. She's been going to cardio classes twice a week at LTF and now has taken on running. Who knows - maybe we'll be running a marathon together next winter!

Great work. You made it through. Check out this cool down comic and grab some water.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home