3.14.2006

Have a nice day

Hey folks --

Could 4 days have really passed by without a single post? My goodness. I was just looking over my training log on the BT site and noticed it has also been 4 days since the last time I did any core work. Arg! I will fix that today. (No wonder I've been able to sit up straight and roll over without any sore muscles -- what was thinking!)

Things have been absolutely crazy the last couple of days. We had planned to go to Dallas on Saturday to catch up with everyone - but little T was feeling a little under the weather. It was not the kind of thing I wanted to take chances with while driving for 6 hours. 'Nuff said.

Instead we took advantage of the great weather and had breakfast downtown at HEB Central Market. They have a great playground. I had a great time climbing, running and... wait, uh, I mean T had a great time running and playing on the playground. Yeah - that's the ticket. After a couple of hours of playground fun, we headed down to the capital. T hadn't been inside the capital before. We walked all over and showed him around. We figured the capital would be a great place for a Saturday. Only, we failed miserably. You see, people spending time in the capital are supposed to waste time AND money. We only managed to waste time. Darn.

T fell asleep on the ride home. He was very tired. I suited up and headed out for a 46 mile ride. It was great weather and a great ride. I even managed to get a little sunburned. Nice. After about 90 minutes I found myself in Georgetown! It was pretty windy coming back south - but I managed to do the whole 46 in 2:30.

Sunday, I headed out on an afternoon "hot" run through Brushy Creek Lake Park. I've decided to make an effort to train in the heat to get my body acclimated as quickly as possible to the pending summer weather. It was about 85* and I was beat after only 7.5 miles. It is amazing what a little heat will do to my HR.

Last night, I headed out for another ride. This time Party Pat came with -- which totally saved me. I have such a motivation problem in the late afternoon. We headed out Parmer and turned around on the far side of Kittie Hill -- man that hill kicks butt. We killed off about 25 miles and still managed some time to check out a new neighborhood and finish off a plate of cookies. That's right, Party Pat's wife, J, made us fresh, homemade cookies! M, T and I finished the whole thing in one evening.

Party Pat and J are expecting a new baby girl any day now. M is so excited she's about to bust wide open. She asks me everyday if we don't see them: "Do you think they're at the hospital having the baby?!"

Work has been a bear lately. I have 4 projects all going strong at the same time involving 2 different customers, creating materials for a training class on Project Management I'm scheduled to give next month, and producing content for a new internal website for our PM team at the company. Oh yeah - and raising my son; spending time with my beautiful, funny, amazing wife; playing with my giant dog; training for a Half-Ironman; paying bills (no thanks to Party Pat - inside joke); and completing all the other regular chores. What else? Oh yeah - my arch nemesis is coming back to life. The Lawn.

The Lawn and I have a bitter feud every spring & summer. The damn thing tries it's best to grow no matter how much I neglect it, ignore it, and poison it. But, alas, it never fails. I always end up spending 2 hours a week cutting all the tops off it's silly green (ok - mostly brown) heads. I hate - no, loathe - lawn work. It has rained about .0001 cm since last year and I walked out last night only to find The Lawn green and growing. Round 1 in our epic 2006 battle will come this week. I just know it - unless the lawn's sidekick gets in the way: The Mower.

That about wraps it up. Apologies for the long layoff between posts and this long makeup post. If you've made it this far - check you HR, grab some Gatorade and a Builder Bar (my new post workout fave) and cool down.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home