3.30.2006

Out and about

Looks like this week is going to be one of "those" weeks. I've been fighting like hell to keep up - so far so good.

I did get my run in on Tuesday. (Thank goodness!) I really needed that time to let my mind finish thinking about the day. It was pretty therapeutic to hear my feet and breathing for an hour. I also listened to a really interesting podcast from the SXSW Interactive Festival. James Surowiecki presented on "The Wisdom of Crowds". I have no idea why I found this facinating.

Yesterday was just busy. All. Day. I ended up taking an unplanned rest day so I could spend some time with my Mom and Grandma. I moved the Bike/Run brick to Friday. That means I have 4 days of 1+ hours rides starting tomorrow. If you see me walking funny on Monday, now you know. I think this week has been a bit of an eye-opening experience for my Mom. I don't think she really understood what I meant by "training". I can tell she's uncomfortable with the amount of time I spend training.

This morning I was up early again to knock out 3000M in the pool. I was not as quick as Monday - but still really happy with the results being below 1:55/100M average. Tonight: more running - 1h:15m on the schedule. I've already loaded up a couple of Zentri episodes that I haven't listened to yet - should be a nice run.

The Capital 10K is this weekend. I'm kinda sad that I won't be running - but it's for the best considering my first tri of the season is on the schedule for April 9th, next weekend! Good Luck to all you lucky folks - I'll see if I can get M and T to come along to cheer you on.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home