4.12.2006

Pain in the back

How I could go from a screamin' week like last week and fall flat into this week is beyond me!?! Sunday night it started. A slight twinge in my back, just to the right of my spine. It's a deep muscle twinge that causes your whole body to tense up when it starts. Any deep breathing or quick moves remind you that it's there. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. It has awakened me every night since Sunday for a couple of hours. I even *gasp* took some Motrin to relieve some of the pain. I don't take pain meds. Ever.

I had this thought that I could exercise it away with a good solid swim last night. As I swam the planned distance turned from 3500M into 2000M. Then 2000M to 1500M. I finally quit at 1150M. Swimming wasn't helping the muscles and my form was terrible which would only cause more trouble down the road. I also had a run on the schedule. An hour (and 2 more Motrin) later I would have none of it. Skipped the run and hit the sack early.

Ug.

Today I'm supposed to have a 1:30 Bike / 1:05 Run Brick. We'll see. Stupid back.

In other tri-news, I signed up for the CapTexTri today. Hooray! I'm pretty excited. This is supposed to be a great event. Guess I'll have to cancel on volunteering for this race. Sorry guys. So, the Cactus Challenge was all about the swim : Wetsuit / Transition etc. The CapTextTri will be all about nutrition. I will have my nutrition plan for BSLT in place by then and I'll be putting it (partly) in motion.

Looking at the training plan, I have some serious work to do to get there. Check these weeks out:

This week: 10h:25m
Next Week: 8h:15m (recover)
Next : 11h:30m
Next : 10h:20m
Next : 10h:55m
Next : 11h:00m
Next : 8h:35m (recover)
RACE

Considering most of my training to this point has been in the 4-8 hour-per-week range this marks a significant upage of the bar. After the race, I taper pretty much all the way into BSLT. I just have to keep my head down and press through these next few weeks. But first, I gotta get this silly back thing worked out...

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it heals up soon!

4/13/2006 04:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home