4.30.2006

Cooked

What a weekend.

Saturday morning started early - I can't even say bright because we were up and moving before the sun. Party Pat and I met up with a riding buddy and completed the 47 (45.5, actually) mile route of the Red Poppy Ride.

I tried out Perpetuem for the first time during the ride. I expected the worst - but it actually worked out great. Really felt great through the whole ride. I think this stuff just made the nutrition plan for BSLT Half Ironman.

Saturday afternoon, Party Pat and I headed out to Sam to pick up a bunch of food. The whole neighborhood showed up at his place and we layed out an awesome BBQ. Good Stuff! It felt great to take a night off with friends and family.

Sunday it was back to training. I did a 3h:40m session and covered each sport. After the long ride on Saturday and the blazing Sunday afternoon sun, I was cooked mentally & physically. It was really good to get in a long session. My confidence for BSLT is growing.

Anyway - I'm off to get some much needed sleep.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Nice training weekend...great job getting the long ones in!

Mmmm...bbq.

5/01/2006 06:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home