5.02.2006

April Recap & Pool Time

My workouts are coming so fast and furious. Last week I logged my longest training week ever. 11h:44m!! A drop in the bucket for you Ironman trainers out there, but this is a real milestone for me. This week is a bit of a recovery week. I found a 2 hour error on my training schedule that should have been on the schedule for next week. So, I'm down to a 8.5 hour week this week.

April turned out to be a really good month, considering I lost nearly a week to a pulled muscle in my back:

Bike: 18h 3m 45s (including trainer time) - 260.1 Mi (not including trainer time)
Run: 12h 25m 12s - 71.28 Mi
Swim: 7h 34m 07s - 26,460.59 Yd

The neighborhood pool reopened and I've managed to log two good Swim-to-Bike bricks recently. Pretty cool stuff. BTW -- Does anyone else feel like they just finished a keg stand during the T1 transition?? On Sunday I thought I was going to fall right over on my wet butt. Which would have been quite embarrassing considering I was the only person at the pool besides the 19 year-old lifeguard.

At the end of last summer I was pretty upset with all the neighborhood pool. It was so hard to get in a good workout without running into little kiddees or sharing the swim lane. Of course, last summer 20-minutes was a long swim session. It's been quiet so far this season. We'll see how long it holds. One thing's for sure, this pool is much more convenient. I can save nearly an hour by going to this pool over the one at LTF. This mostly means I get more sleep. On the downside, the shallow end is only 3 feet. Flip turns are a bit scary for me in 3 feet of water. I can just see the headlines : "Triathlete dies in freakish flip turn accident while lifeguard 'texts' her boyfriend.' Sheesh.

Anyway. It feels great to be swimming outdoors again. I'm starting to develop crazy tan lines. My arms, shoulders, neck and face are all golden brown. My hands, back and chest are all white-bread. Maybe some outdoor swim sessions will help fix that. Otherwise, I'll be the talk of the beach this summer.

Here's to kick ass tan lines.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

12 hours is nothing to balk at, even for Ironman folks. Nice job!

5/03/2006 02:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home