5.18.2006

Kryptonite

Remember in the Superman movie (c'mon you know you saw them) where Superman marries Lois and gives up his powers? He walks around like a real person and gets his butt kicked?

I'm starting to feel this way. I haven't donned the training gear for about a week and I've started the descent down the slippery slope into my regular joe life. Awake-Work-TV-Sleep-Repeat.

It. Sucks.

Yesterday I found some great articles for "treating" my self-diagnosed Piriformis Syndrome. It involved laying on a tennis ball for about 45 minutes every few hours. Well, raquet ball, because my dog has eaten all the tennis balls in the house. Well, actually, it started as a golf ball, but apparently I still have a rather padded rear end and it didn't work too well.

It has worked wonders. For the last week and a half I've spent the first 4 hours a day in mind numbing pain. Today, about 2 hours. A significant improvement. By 10 AM I was able to walk and sit without pain. A significant improvement.

I'm starting to take control of this. I'm planning to ease back into the exercise plan with a 30 minute swim and a ride this weekend. It may require a 2:30 AM wake up to allow for some stretching and kickin back with a raquet ball under my right butt cheek. But, I. WILL. TRAIN.

You heard it here first folks. Here's to ball sittin'. It's time to jump back in that ice chamber and reclaim the superpowers. Now where did I put that cape?

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hang in there and think about the long term. You want to be doing this for years and years down the road. Go easy on yourself!! Thinking of you!

5/19/2006 11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home