6.02.2006

No Pain - All Gain

Last night started out pretty rough. Really rough. I fell asleep around 10 PM only to wake up at 11:30 with some serious back pain. I'm not talking tight muscles - I'm talking PAIN. Worse, I couldn't find a position sitting, standing, laying, crawling, hanging or otherwise that was comfortable.

About 12:10 AM I started exploring the very edges of my "adult" vocabulary. This impressive display of universal tongue promptly woke the dog. I knew it was time for drugs. I hobbled over to the Motrin and quickly took a few. My mind started to spiral out of control as my dreams of a BSLT finish started to fade into the cloud of pain in my head. I finally dosed off around 12:30.

5:30 AM -

M: "Hey, do you want me to reset the alarm or are you getting up."

She's teaching summer school and has Fridays off. In her pregnant condition, she resents the fact that I wake up early enough to feed chickens and milk the cows on her day off. Sorry, hon.

Me: "I'm up."
In my head: "Hey, wait a minute. I'm up!"

NO PAIN. None. Nadda. Zip.

Wait, I actually feel good. Really good. What time is it again? Maybe the Motrin is still in full force? 5:30 - well maybe. I better take the Motrin bottle with me today - just in case.

I got ready, no pain.

Put on pants - No Pain.
Put on socks - No Pain.
Put on shoes - No Pain.
Tie my shoes - No Pain.
Brush my teeth - No Pain.
Pick up T - No Pain.

Wait, I actually feel good today. Like 98% good. Perhaps these PT exercises are working?? Maybe it's the new mattress we purchased? What's better? I feel rested - I haven't slept that soundly in a long while.

I'm now focused on a solid weekend of training. Swimming, Biking and *GASP* a run or *DOUBLE GASP* two!

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home