11.24.2005

Turkey Trot Done!

We finished the turkey trot this morning! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving morning.

The whole clan (M, T, Amers, and the In-laws) piled in the car around 7:30 and headed down to Waterloo Park. We checked in and picked up our race packets and timing chips. We had about an hour to kill at that point so we walked around and took in the sights and sounds.

The race kicked off around 9:40 or so. With 8000 runners it took almost 4 minutes for our group to get past the start line. Amers and I ran the 5 miler - the rest of the crew walked the one mile leg. Amers and I got seperated about a mile or so into the race. I didn't see her again until the finish line. I managed to run a 9:11 mile pace! Very fast for me. Pretty slow overall - I finished in the bottom half of my AG. Arg!

I had a great time! This will be a yearly event for us from here on out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home