11.11.2005

Busy weekend - mixed in with training

My Mom arrived for the big party yesterday. It's been so fun having her here and seeing her with little T. Dad comes in tonight - I'll have a football watching buddy in the morning! Woo Hoo!

We'll have friends stopping by all day and we'll be dancing around here like crazy trying to get everything ready for the afternoon shin-dig. I'm hoping to get 90 minutes of riding hammered out in the early morning before everything gets crazy.

Oh yeah! I ran 7 miles today. 7 miles!! That's my longest run ever and it was awesome. I took the day off today and started things off with a nice run while listening to the 2 newest Zen-Tri podcasts. If you're a triathlete and you haven't heard his show - you gotta listen in. I love how Brett records the shows while he is working out!

The run went really well. Thanks to a nice bottle of Gatorade Endurance! I love this stuff. Every time I include this drink in my long workouts it makes a huge difference in the way I perform and my recovery time. Every single race will include this next season.

So my big goal for next season was going to be an Olympic Triathlon. After my last few weeks of base training I'm starting to wonder if I may need to rethink these goals. I am still planning to run one but now I'm also considering the Buffalo Springs Half IM. If I take this on it would pull the Half IM goal up almost a full year from when I had planned to shoot for it.

I'm still working out the final plans for next season, but right now I think a HIM is a real possibility. We shall see.

Funny how things change. 6 months ago I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs with getting winded.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. When are we going to Lubbock?

11/12/2005 06:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home