11.10.2005

Forgetting Stuff

Triathlon Training has been really great for me organizationally. There are only a few activities I have ever been involved in where you have to keep track of so many details while staying focused on the task at hand.

Let's talk examples -
  • Running : Socks, Shorts (unless it's cold), running shirt(long sleeve if it's cold), HRM Watch, HRM Chest Strap
  • Swimming : Goggles, Watch, LTF ID card
  • Cycling (Oh Man) - Helmet, Glasses, Computer, HRM Watch, HRM Chest strap, gloves, Shoes, Pump, tubes, CO2, Water bottles

I'm sure I've forgotten at least something off each list. Funny thing is - in real life you have to remember all the other stuff that comes before and after a workout or race. For example, car keys, change of clothes (including shoes, belt, etc., etc.), Work ID Badge, laptop, kids, etc.

I seem to forget something just about every time I workout. Thankfully - I've never forgotten my kid. :-)

  • Last week, I was almost out the door for a 5-mile run when I realized that I had managed to get my HRM watch on but not the chest strap.
  • I've left for several 50+ mile rides only to have to call M to bring my water bottles which were left in the kitchen (so I wouldn't forget them). Yeah, I take a cell phone with me on any ride over 10 miles. I'm a geek.
  • I spent many days at work with sagging pants while my belt hangs neatly in my closet after a morning swim at the club.
  • Today I forgot my, well, *SIGH* - the stories go on and on.

I've considered using some form of list system to help me keep track of all the stuff I have to have before I leave the house at 4:45 AM for a swim -- But how geeky could I possibly get. Do I really need a management system for all my pre-training, training, and post training stuff. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to race day I am a total geek. List in hand - I pack and repack my bag. But, do I really need to do this through all my training??

For those of you paying attention. Here are the items I forgot from the lists above: Bike, Swimsuit, Shoes. Ug.

For the TriGeekDreams Team training for IMFL - I wish you all the best. I can't wait to hear the stories of how you plan out the trip and attempt to remember everything!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!!! I loved this blog...

11/10/2005 08:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home