6.12.2006

Grinding it out

Back to the grind again today. This weekend was amazing. We spent the whole day yesterday doing the family thing. We shuttled T around Austin like he was some kind of out of town visitor. We basically toured all the cool playgrounds in downtown and finished out the day swimming at LTF. He loved swimming and even better - fell asleep around 7:30!

A truly great weekend.

Back to work and tapering today. I have a 20 minute run scheduled - which almost made me laugh out loud when I read it from my dwindling schedule. I haven't been out for a 20 minute workout in at least 3 months. I may try to knock this out in the middle of the afternoon heat to work on my HR/heat issues. Or wait until later and crank out a tempo run? We'll see.

I finished up a big writing project at work on Friday. Whew. I have real respect for people who can sit and write for 8 hours a day straight. Holy smokes - I was crushed mentally after doing this for 3 weeks straight. It felt good to get that off my plate and get back to some "regular" work.

BSLT plans are coming along. We have almost everything planned out now. Almost time to execute. 12 full days left. After this weekend, I have a sense of calm. It was great to restore some confidence in my body - to know it can withstand the pressures of the day to come. Thanks to everyone (Amers!) for the support lately. It's been wonderful.

Also - a shout out to Carrie on a sub 6-hour Half Ironman finish! Way to go! You're an inspiration!!

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger greyhound said...

I'll see you at BSLT--at least I'll see your swim cap as you disappear forever in front of me.

Your description of your workout makes me wonder whether this plan I'm on has me tapering enough. The workouts this week are pretty intense, and only shortened in duration. I took an extra day off, and feel like I ought to do so again.

Hope I've got enough hay in the barn.

6/12/2006 03:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home