6.12.2006

Copy Cat

So...

I picked up a geeky new way to wear my HRM watch. I'm nearly certain I picked it up watching Jamie Cleveland on the TV coverage of the CapTexTri. (Which was fantastic, by the way.) It's silly really, but it works. And, I thought I'd pass it along...

Turn. It. Over.

Yep. it's that simple. I now wear my Polar S150 with face under my left wrist, instead of on top of my wrist. It raises the usability factor by a full five points. Check it out...
  • In the aero position, I no longer have to rotate my arm over the top of the bar to read the time or HR.
  • It is much easier to hit the lap button in a transition using my thumb instead of pinching my whole wrist and pressing with my right index finger.
  • It feels soooo much better while swimming. I'm mean really. I used to feel like I was swimming with a brick on my arm until I flipped it. It kind of feels like there is less drag!?

So, give it a shot and let me know how it works for you.

I finished my short tempo run in the heat a short time ago. I opted for a 4:45 run in 94* heat to work on the acclimation factor. Not bad - my fastest run in over a month. I'm going to keep this up for each of my runs through BSLT.

I also have had an eye on the 10- 15 day outlook for the weather in Lubbock. Looks like we may get a slight break from the 103* heat. Holy Huckleberries lets hope so.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger greyhound said...

103!!! Holy crap, I'm doomed. ***[insert panic attack hyperventilation sounds here]***

Blogger grabs paper bag and starts breathing long and steady.

MEDIC!!

6/13/2006 10:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home