8.11.2006

Happy Weekend

Today I feel a little like M's favorite weather guy, Jim Cantore. You know him. He's the guy they send out in the rowboat to greet and interview the incoming hurricanes each year. Apparently, the high winds have blown all his hair off. I, however, still have my hair. Anyway, reporting from inside the cosmic event that is my life right now...

A quick post to update on the week. Training has been pretty solid this week. I realized last night that this is a recovery week. I knew I had more free time the normal! Anyway, the time off last weekend paid off and I've put in some quality workouts lately. Today we have lots going on at T's school. A pizza party followed by a meet the teacher night. T is moving up into an older kid room soon. Afterward, all should be calm again. At least until Monday.

Just a few weeks out from the Prairieman Half Ironman. Next week I'll start lots of extended tempo sessions to transition my body into race mode, again. I'm looking forward to the work. I spent some time surveying the landscape of events over the next few weeks. Here's a rough run down of the upcoming schedule...

9/4 - Jack's Generic Triathlon
9/10 - Prairieman Half Ironman
10/8 - LiveStrong Challenge Ride (100 miles)*
10/21 - Round Rock Outlaw Ride (planned - 100 miles, but I might wuss out and only do 100K) (BTW, Carrie - are you in?)

Oh yeah - and I'm still kicking around the idea of joining a marathon training group. Whew. We'll see if I have time for that.

* - Yep, since all you anonymous lurkers are out there, I won't mind hitting you up for a donation to our team riding the Livestrong Challenge. Don't worry you can do it anonymously. Get your donations ready - more to come in the next few days...

I have lots of reading, e-mailing and posting to catch up on. Hope to get to most of it this weekend. If not, have a great weekend and I'll...

See ya out there...

2 Comments:

Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Have a great weekend. I would race in the Pairieman but will be in Santa Cruz, CA that same day racing in the Big Kahuna IM.

Will you race the Metroplex Sprint or Ironhead triathlons next year?

Stay tuned...

8/11/2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

With everything going on in your world, I applaud the discipline of keeping it together! At this point, I'm still in for the Round Rock Ride!! (unless I'm in Ohio that weekend)

8/15/2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home