7.26.2006

Wednesday Knock Around

Busy times these days around Casa-de-TTUTri. Between work stuff, home stuff, training stuff, and all the other stuff that pops up I've barely had time to relax. This past weekend was awesome. Saturday, I did 40 miles around Georgetown & Florence and finished out the day with a cookout with my riding buddies. Sunday - Tour de France, baby. It was a lot of fun watching the final stage. M is absolutely clueless about this race. I spent the better part of two hours trying to explain it all - then I realized: "How twisted am I that I DO understand all this stuff??!?" Isn't addiction great?

This week has been busy. I'm deep into week 2 of 3 build weeks in my training plan. Let me just say WOW. I haven't worked a plan this aggressive before and it is really challenging me. Hopefully, this work will result in some good times at the Prairieman Half in September. Tomorrow the real fun starts for the week : 90 minute tempo run followed by a short ride. So far so good - I'm still really enjoying the varied workouts. On the down side my nutrition and weight are all over the map. I've picked up about 8 pounds (!!) since BSLT and it's been a struggle to get them back off. Pizza and cookies are NOT helping. Looks like I'll have to start tracking calories again. Guh, I really hate doing that.

I signed up for Jack's Generic Triathlon the other night. I know, I know. Overload? Maybe. I now have 2 races during the first week in September. A sprint and a Half IM. Pair that racing schedule with all the craziness you can possibly imagine in my personal and professional lives scheduled for that week and suddenly I have a very full schedule. It's all about balance right?

On the horizon, I have 2 big things in the pipeline. #1 - my first century ride. In the next couple of weeks I'll be signing up for the Round Rock Outlaw Ride in October. I did the 100K course last year, this year I'm challenging myself to finish the century ride. #2 - Round Rock Fit. That's marathon training baby. I have my sites set on a sub 4-hour marathon finish next February. It's just about time to get REAL serious about running.

See ya out there...

1 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

You're awesome!! Keep bugging me about the Round Rock Outlaw Ride. Sounds like something worth doing and good training for my Nov. Half IM.

7/27/2006 09:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home