7.13.2006

70.3 Gear - Where have you gone?

Where is all the 70.3 gear??

I've been surfing around for days looking for a jersey, hat, anything with the 70.3 logo on it. I found very little.

What gives?

You would think that with the new Ironman 70.3 Series the WTC would have flooded the shelves with branded gear, right? Well, maybe. But good luck finding the shelves. Even the Ironman Store doesn't really have any 70.3 stuff. The BSLT folks finally posted some gear on their site - but it's limited. Very limited.

Maybe it's a brand thing. Are they trying to brand both Ironman 140.6 and 70.3 races under the same M-Dot logo? I don't know maybe it's me. But, it just seems like you have to cover 140.6 to truly claim Mr. M-Dot.



Even at the BSLT expo I expected to find everything including tooth floss with the a 70.3 on it. That was really was not the case. In fact, anything that was really worth buying was sold out. I asked one of the tables for a website address so I could order online, they didn't have a website. No website?! What the heck?? She asked me to write down my number and she would call me when they had a chance to make more. Uh, what?

Then, I found out that most of the gear posted on the BSLT site is sold out. What?!

It's obvious that there is some serious demand here. In fact, I would guess 70.3 gear would sell as well as Ironman gear -- or perhaps even better?

So, it obvious I need to start a business to fill this void. I think I'll call it - LongBrick or, maybe SaltLines. I'll focus on carrying shwag for all the big tri events. If anyone is keeping track, I'm now looking for investors for my two start ups:
  1. T-Zero
  2. LongBrick / SaltLines
I'm only half kidding.

So, If I'm the only person on earth that doesn't seem to know the ulta-secret spot for locating 70.3 gear. Please clue me in, otherwise visit us soon at SaltLines.com.

See ya out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home