12.04.2005

Holiday Movies

Well, in one day I managed to match my cycling distance from last month. I started of the day yesterday with a 40-mile ride across the Central Texas hill country. The ride out was about 17 miles. I was really trucking. Around mile 15, I noticed a slight breeze blowing from behind. The turn around at miles 17 was quite a wake up. It seems there was a stiff breeze (about 20 mph) blowing directly at my back. Which meant I had 17 miles of 20mph wind in my face to go. Bring it on. I finished things out with a flat tire with about a half mile to go. Whew. Quite a day.

Anyways, M and I have been catching up on all our favorite holiday movies this weekend. Right now we're watching Home Alone. Great quote: "Is this toothbrush approved by the FDA?" This movie makes me laugh out loud. In my opinion, the sequels all missd the mark. The first one is great. Another favorite is Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Classic. Great quote: "She wrapped up her cat?" Finally, Will Ferrel in Elf. So many quotable lines in that one. Great quote: "Watch out , the yellow ones don't stop!"

We added a new holiday favorite last night, The Polar Express. For an animated movie, this was very entertaining. M and I curled up on the couch, fired up the Christmas lights and watched this movie like little kids. It was great!

Still to be seen this holiday Season:
  • A Christmas Story - with Ralphie. Com'on you know the one that gets replayed on TBS for 24 hours every Christmas. I love that movie. Great quote: "It's a leg lamp!"
  • Die Hard - Bet you didn't remember this was a Christmas Classic. Great quote: "Yippee-Kai-Yay Mother F*****"
  • Miracle on 34th Street - Not the old one - The "new" one with the adorable little girl. Great quote: I got nothing for this one.

So, if you need a good way to burn off an afternoon, pick up one of these great movies.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

A Christmas Story is the best movie ever!!!

...show me how the little piggy eats...

OR

...fra-gi-le, it must be french!

12/05/2005 05:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home